The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
TIGTA's mission is to provide audit and investigative services that promote economy, efficiency, and integrity in the administration of Federal tax laws. We detect and deter waste, fraud and abuse in IRS programs and operations and protect IRS against external attempts to corrupt or threaten its employees. We provide independent oversight to the Treasury Department on matters involving IRS activities, the IRS Oversight Board, and the IRS Office of Chief Counsel.
The Criminal Investigator will be working on complex and sensitive criminal and non-criminal investigations which come under the jurisdiction of TIGTA.
For Tips on Applying, Please click the STEPS TO SUCCESS link below!
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Law Enforcement Availability Pay compensates for unscheduled duty.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment) up to a GS-11; or
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act.